Thursday, August 4, 2011

A picture within picture...

Usually I don't post photos of myself because I'm the one taking them. But at Shawn and Reagan's wedding this past weekend my friend Kelly took this photo right as I was taking the one below. Kind of cool to show the behind the scenes and the result together.

A few months ago I bought Pocket Wizards and they have improved the way I light my photographs. They are wireless, radio triggers and they never fail. I have the one on the right shooting through the umbrella and the one on the left shooting through a Light Sphere. When I first got serious about commercial shooting I wondered how photographers achieved such clear photos. I figured it was through buying expensive lenses and cameras. I can't deny it helps (I'm shooting with a Canon 5DMKII and Canon 24-70f2.8), but great photos come from great lighting.

No comments: