Monday, April 23, 2012

Ice Cream

Looking through my portfolio and thinking about the type of images I want to shoot, I've realized I'm not shooting the images I want to make. Some of that's been because of moving into a studio and fully understanding the lights and how everything works. But I'm making a conscious effort to shoot what I want my style to be. I want my pictures to be humorous (most of the time) and tell a story.

I've had this idea about ice cream in my head for a few weeks. Sammie volunteered to come in and bring her boyfriend Luke. This picture is almost exactly what was in my head, so I'm pleased with it. I like how her hair shows movement along with his facial expression.
And yes, we did eat the ice cream later.

Thanks to Sam and Luke for helping me create this image.

Brian

No comments: