Friday, February 19, 2010

Yellowstone in Winter

I just returned from Yellowstone National Park. I know what you're thinking, "Isn't it winter?" Yes, it's the middle of winter... and yes it's cold. But it's also a great time to visit the country's first national park. The hard winter pushes the animals down to lower parts of the park and makes it easier for visitors to view them. I'm not sure I can fully put into words what I saw, but I can tell you it's a unique experience. The highlight of the trip was seeing wolves. Everyone in the park is on a constant wolf "stake-out". On the last day of my trip I was fortunate to get close enough to capture some great images of three wolves moving off of a kill. I will write a couple of more blogs to describe more of my images, but enjoy the following pictures and click the link above to view more.
-Brian




No comments: